Hi, my name is Nicolas. I love to read! The reason I love to read is because stories take me on adventures. I write about my self and other people. My stories will happen everywhere such as Boston and when I imagine. These are my stories, I hope you enjoy them!

Saturday, September 8, 2012

I went to the capital of France

This year I went to Paris in France for a week on vacation. I was there with my mom, my sister and my grandparents. Unfortunately my dad could not come because of his work. We rented an apartment in Paris.

On the first day of our stay in Paris, we went to the Eiffel Tower. On our way from our apartment to the Eiffel Tower, I discovered that in Paris there are many stores with my name on it: they sell wines! 







The tower is very tall and impressive. This tower was build and designed by Gustave Eiffel and his company for the 1889 World's Fair. The Eiffel Tower is the tallest structure in Paris and its nickname is "La dame de fer" which means "the iron lady" in English. We took pictures with the Eiffel Tower in the background, but could not go up because of the long waiting line and also one of the elevator was broken.



 Eiffel Tower

Me holding the Eiffel Tower up!!


We wanted to take a double decker bus around the city of Paris, but it wasn't working that day because of a triathlon around the Eiffel Tower and the Seine River. We took a boat bus on the river Seine instead and I was able to take many pictures of the sights of Paris.


 Pont d'Alma
 Pont des Artistes
 Notre Dame de Paris
Paris from the Seine River

Another day during my stay in Paris, we went to the Louvre. The Louvre is a beautiful museum. In the courtyard of the Louvre there are two pyramids made of glass. At one point it started to rain very hard and we managed to go inside just in time not to get too wet.


 In the courtyard of the Louvre with my grandparents and my sister
The Pyramid and me!

Inside the Louvre, I saw lots of paintings with naked people. I also saw many statues that were part of different fountains. I even saw the Monalisa by Leonardo da Vinci and I was disappointed because this picture is much smaller than what I was expecting.


 The Monalisa is very small!


I had a very good time at the Louvre and next time, I would love to go to the Uffizi gallery in Florence to see "The Medusa".

I really enjoyed my time in Paris very much even if we had to walk a lot to see this city. I also went to the Loira valley to visit some of the castles, but this is for another blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment