Hi, my name is Nicolas. I love to read! The reason I love to read is because stories take me on adventures. I write about my self and other people. My stories will happen everywhere such as Boston and when I imagine. These are my stories, I hope you enjoy them!

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

WHITE HALLOWEEN ANYONE?


My yard before the snowstorm
The weather is really getting strange. We had an earthquake, a hurricane, a tropical storm and a snowstorm in October!

Last Saturday, I came home after the coin drop for my soccer team, and I took a picture of my yard before the snow started to come down.  The yard was green with a lot of leaves that my dad did not have the time to rake. I wanted to chronicle this strange weather.
 
The snow started to fall down.


I could not believe that a snowstorm was coming, but, soon snowflakes were coming down and slowly slowly the yard became all white. I kept on taking pictures throughout the afternoon to see how much snow we were going to get. The snow was quite heavy and would stick everywhere. The handrail on my stairs was covered with snow.
 


The snow kept on coming down.

The morning after, I got a big surprise when I saw how much snow there was on the ground. We got probably 16 inches of heavy wet snow. The bushes in my yard were covered and bended because the snow was really very heavy. It was so heavy that branches broke off and fell on the wires. We even lost power for three days.


Look at the handrails on my stairs!!
 
 We received 16 inches of snow before Halloween. Do you think we are going to get a lot of snow this winter? I sure hope so!

No comments:

Post a Comment